Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Lola's Papaitan (Bitter-bitteran) or (Innards Stew)

My Lola's papaitan is the only papaitan I would ever eat. WHY? aside from the fact that I'm sure of how safe it is to eat (regarding HACCP) for me and my kapatids... my lola cooks the best "papaitan".


My lola is an ilocana. I'm not quite sure if papaitan (based on its name) should taste bitter. So, I try to google it and majority of it says that papaitan is bitter and main ingredients are pork, beef, goat? WHAT!? GOAT! (I never eat goats meat =( ).


But, my lola's papaitan is different... she uses pork/beef and taste a little salty and "maasim". really tasty. I really love her papaitan one of my favorite food. and I miss my Lola Taba's papaitan.


Sad to say we won't be able to taste it again or even ask for that recipe... But if my memory serves me right heres some of the ingredients:


pork/beef (not quite sure what part)
pork/beef intestine
pork/beef tripe
pork/beef liver
pork/ beef bile
ginger
garlic
salt and pepper


I don't know how it is done so I can't post it...


Maybe if I was able to get her recipe... I'll be rich by now hihihi tsk* tsk* tsk* sayang...


I have to make it on my own na lng.

Anyways, my lola's papaitan look more like this without the sili.

I'm so missing it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

No comments: